Wednesday, August 28, 2024

HamiltonHouseELT--Using Youtube Videos as Model Texts for Grammar Lesson

I was searching for a good youtube video to model the difference between the past perfect and the past perfect continuous, and I found this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@HamiltonHouseELT/videos

It's always a bit difficult to tell, but this looks like this is actually a legitimate Youtube channel by the publisher itself.  (In the past, I've linked to some-channels that may be hosting videos that they don't own, but HamiltonHouseELT looks to be legitimate to me.)

The channel has been around for 13 years now, and if you go through their history, it looks like they've gone through several phases over those years.  At first, they used videos with real actors in them.  These videos are actually pretty well done.  (I used one of these videos in my class, and it worked well.)  

Those videos can be found at these playlists:







...as you get more recent, the channel veers towards more animated videos.  
But between all the videos, quite a lot of material on this channel for making model texts.

No comments: