Friday, April 05, 2024

1st Samuel (The Jerusalem Bible): Book Discussion

Started: March 17, 2024
Finished: April 05, 2024

(This is a reread.  I originally read this book in 7th grade.  But since this is my first time reviewing this book on this blog, according to my new rules, I'm doing this as a video only review.) 



This is yet another video in which I really struggled to find my words and the transfer from my mouth to my brain was not at all smooth.  I'm not happy about my performance in this video, but...well, what can you do?  My choices are just to give up, or keep trying.  I've decided I want to keep trying to participate in the discussion of books and literature, so I'm not going to give up.  Hopefully there's at least some redeeming features about this video.  (Maybe I said one or two coherent things in the video that are intelligible to other people.)  Otherwise, hopefully the next one will be better.
I like to think that this video was particularly bad because I was filming it early in the morning, and I was tired.  I like to think that if I had filmed it in the afternoon, and if I had had a good night's sleep, I could have done better.  (I hope that's the case, because the alternative explanation is that my brain is just deteriorating.  I had such a hard time finding my words when I filmed this video.) Unfortunately, my schedule this week was such that the only time I could film it was in the morning.  And, like I said, it's either give up completely, or try to film videos under less than ideal circumstances. 

I explain about my background with the Bible and my reasons for doing this read-through in this blog post here: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-book-of-genesis-from-jerusalem-bible.html

* Steve Donoghue's response to Robin Lane Fox: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2021/09/another-steve-donoghue-q.html
* The History of World Literature by Professor Grant L. Voth: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2017/05/history-of-world-literature-by.html


March 24, 2024 1st Samuel 1-12
March 31, 2024 1st Samuel 12-24

Playlist HERE:

No comments: