Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Aesop's Fables: Story Time ESL Listening

(TESOL Worksheets--Story TimeListeningReadingExtensive ReadingComprehensible Input)




So, when I started working on The Grimm Brother's Fairy Tales ESL Listening, I was thinking in the back of my mind that once I got a certain number of Grimm Brother's Fairy Tales done, I would start branching off into other areas: Hans Christian Anderson, Arabian Nights, Greek Myths, and probably Aesop's Fables.
But I've decided to start with Aesop's Fables sooner rather than later.  The reason is that I'm having trouble keeping up with this project. 
I had wanted to give my students one new story a week, but that deadline is proving hard for me to meet.
Part of the problem is that a lot of these Grimm Brothers' Fairy Tales are pretty long.
So, I've decided I wanted to alternate Grimm Brothers' Fairy Tales with Aesop's Fables.  Because Aesop's Fables are super short.  (My childhood memories of Aesop's Fables is of the stories being longer.  But I think that's because a lot of children's books expand the fables in order to create more of a story around them.  But if you go back to the originals, most Aesop Fable's are only about a paragraph long.)
So, from now on, I'm going to try alternating my Story Time Project between Aesop's Fables and the Grimm Brothers' Fairy Tales. 

No comments: