Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Revolutions Season 1: The English Revolution by Mike Duncan

 (Podcasts--History)

Started: November 9, 2021
Finished: 1st Listening: November 12, 2021
                2nd Listening: November 15, 2021
                3rd Listening: November 21, 2021
(This is part of my journey through Revolutions Podcast, which I talked about HERE.  As I said in that post, I'm only going to do video reviews for the individual seasons, and then will put together a written review once I've worked my way through the whole podcast.)





The other stuff I've read/watched/listened to on the English Revolution (aka The English Civil War) is below:

Going through my booklist, it looks like I've only ever read one nonfiction book solely on the English Revolution: Free-Born John by Pauline Gregg  
Most of my information about this period comes from broader histories:

Much of the knowledge I've gleaned over the years actually comes from historical fiction:
And, The Three Musketeers series is also a fictionalization of this period.
* The original The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas deals with George Villiers, The Duke of Buckingham (who Mike Duncan talks about in episode 1)
* The sequel, Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas, deals with the Civil War itself
* And the third book, The Vicomte De Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas, deals with Monk and the restoration of the monarchy (which Mike Duncan talks about in his final episode)

And last, in terms of mini-series:

No comments: