Monday, July 27, 2026

Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Springfield, Illinois: Travels in the USA

(Travelogues--Travels in the USA)



Also includes some video of the nearby area.
For better or for worse, I wasn't able to capture a lot of the Lincoln Presidential Museum.  For a few reasons.  There were some other groups going through, and I wasn't able to film some exhibits because other people were in the way.  (I didn't want to film anyone else without their permission).  Or other people were right behind me waiting, in some cases.  Also my kids weren't interested in most of the exhibits, so I was spending a lot of time just trying to keep track of my kids.
There actually were some impressive interactive exhibits at this museum.  (One of the museum clerks told me that the museum was designed by the same animatronics people who worked at Disney World.)  But my kids were probably just a bit too young for it.  This museum would probably be ideal for kids about 10-12 years old.

Address: 212 N 6th St, Springfield, IL 62701

This is part of my project to document my family's travels in the USA.  For more information on this project, see here: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2026/07/travels-in-usa-index.html

Related Playlists:


No comments: