Wednesday, April 10, 2024

The Epic of Gilgamesh translated by Andrew George: Book Review


Finished: April 09, 2024

This is my first time reading this book, so according to my new rules, I'm doing this as a video only review.



Note: According to tradition, the standard version of The Epic of Gilgamesh was compiled by Sin-leqi-unninni (W).  However, the edition of this epic that I read doesn't credit an author on the title page, and my current policy on these book reviews is to follow the naming conventions of the edition that I read.

Links to stuff mentioned: 
The Steve Donoghue Video in which he recommends starting the Western Starter Kit directly with the Bible: https://youtu.be/WVL3rKcv0HQ?si=lVoHfaGt8wfwwXxJ
My review of The History of World Literature by Professor Grant L. Voth: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2017/05/history-of-world-literature-by.html

March 31, 2024 The Epic of Gilgamesh p.i-lv, p.1-34
April 07, 2024 The Epic of Gilgamesh p.34-176

Playlist HERE:

No comments: