Saturday, March 06, 2021

Bart Ehrman - The History of the Bible: The Making of the New Testament Canon: Review

This is exactly the same situation as my previously posted video reviews of Introduction to the New Testament by Dale Martin and Introduction to the Old Testament by Christine Hayes.  Meaning, as with the other two lecture series, this is something I linked to off of my blog once before (and have subsequently made reference to) but never got around to reviewing.  
Since I've started doing my so-called "Scripted Reviews" project, and have been going through all my old reviews and making Youtube videos, I've decided to include the various audio lecture series I've recommended on this blog, but never reviewed.  

I re-listened to this lecture series before filming the video, but I didn't script the video ahead of time, and the result is my usual unstructured rambling.
Also another consequence of not scripting is a lot of minor mistakes slipping in.  For example, at one point I said Bart Ehrman taught at "South Chapel Hill" instead of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.  I regret that error.

And if you still haven't gotten around to it, you can listen to the lecture series here:

No comments: