Monday, February 22, 2021

Introduction to the New Testament by Dale Martin: Review of a Youtube Series

A few weeks back I posted my review of Introduction to the Old Testament by Christine Hayes.  And now here I am with the sequel, The New Testament lectures by Dale Martin.
The rationale behind this is exactly the same as it was with the Christine Hayes lectures. Which is, I'm trying to work through my back catalogue of reviews and film them on Youtube (as I explained about HERE.)  But, with these Yale Lecture series on the Old and New Testament, I never actually gave them a review at the time I listened to them.  I just posted a link to them.  So now I'm trying to fill in that gap by making videos.  
As with the Old Testament lectures, I did re-listen to this to get it fresh in my mind before filming, but I didn't bother to script out my review. I just turned on the camera and rambled.  

The video abruptly stops after 30 minutes, because that's the limit on my camera.  As a result, I get cut-off mid sentence.  Sorry for the abrupt ending.  I wish I had used my time better, because I rambled on about a lot of tangential stuff, but didn't really get to commenting on the meat of what was in Dale Martin's lectures.  But maybe that's just as well.  I'm not sure I really had that much intelligent stuff to say.  I highly recommend listening to the original lectures at the links above.  My own commentary is completely skippable.

Listen to the whole series at the Open Yale Courses: https://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-152#sessions

Listen to the whole series on Youtube: https://youtu.be/dtQ2TS1CiDY

No comments: