Monday, March 07, 2016

Fortunately by Remy Charlip

(Graded Reader)

I've been looking for more story books to do with my young learner ESL classes, and then I remembered I already had designed some material around this book.  (I used this book a few months previously as an introduction for a writing activity for my adult class.) So I decided to edit my old material slightly, and re-use it for this book.

As I mentioned the last time I used this book, I remember it from childhood because I myself once did a writing activity based off of this book--my 4th grade teacher read it to us, and then had us design our own story using the same format as the book.

I took the previous worksheets and PowerPoints I had used for my adult class, redesigned them slightly, and then was able to re-use this book for my young learner classes.

This book is available on amazon.com here.

Supplementary Materials:
The PDF I linked to in my last post on Fortunately is still on line here.

The video I originally used is also still on line here.



Here are some supplementary teaching materials I made when teaching this book in my classes.  These materials don't really work too well independently of the actual book, so you'll need to get a copy of the book to use these.

PowerPoint: (driveslidespub)--no animation version: slidespub

Worksheet: (drivedocspub)--and a production activity (docs, pub)

Link of the Day
Noam Chomsky on Poverty & Inequality in America

No comments: