Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Cheating Quiz


Google: drive, docs, pub

            [This is NOT my own creation.  A co-worker of mine  created it a few years back.  But since he shared it with me 3 years ago, I’ve been using it regularly in my own classes.  So I’ve decided to post it on this blog for the purposes of indexing it and remembering it for future use.
            Obviously it is intended to be used before a test, and so is only applicable in language schools that have an end of term test.  My co-worker said he was trying to find some way to be able to review the test rules with the students while still keeping the tone light and fun.
            When I use this with my own classes, I do my best to play it straight as much as possible.  I explain the worksheet before I hand it out, pretending to be very serious as I explain the rules just like this was any ordinary worksheet and tell the students that there are ten words in the box, and that they must match each word to the blanks in the sentences.  After I’ve handed the worksheet out to the students, and they try to tell me that all the words are the same, I play dumb and just repeat the instructions about matching the words to the sentences.  Then at the end I try to keep a straight face as I tell them to check their answers with a partner before we review them as a class.]


Pre-test quiz

Fill in the blanks with words from the box


 


cheating
cheating
cheating
cheating
cheating
cheating
cheating
cheating
cheating
cheating




1.      Looking at another student’s test is _______________.
2.      It is considered _______________ if I lift my paper so other students can see it.
3.      Talking during the test or reading out loud is _______________.
4.      One example of _______________ is writing on the desk or wall.
5.      It is considered _______________ if I memorize an essay before the exam.
6.      It is _______________ to give or receive test answers to a student in another class.
7.      If I leave the room during the test, that is _______________.
8.      If I need extra paper the teacher will give it to me. It is _______________ to use my own paper.
9.      I must turn off my mobile phone. It is _______________ if my teacher sees or hears it during the exam.
10.  If I am caught _______________ I will receive a zero score for that test.


No comments: