Thursday, March 23, 2023

Bulfinch's Mythology: The Age of Fable or Stories of Gods and Heroes by Thomas Bulfinch: Book Review

(Book Review--Classics, RereadsGreek and Roman Mythology

Started: January 14, 2023
Finished: January 19, 2023
(As I noted in the started post, this is a reread of sorts.  I had an audiobook version of this which contained "unabridged selections" and which I listened to multiple times during my time in Japan between 2004 and 2009.  But this is the first time I've read a physical copy, and the first time reading the complete version.  However, because this is the first time I'm reviewing this book on my blog, it gets the video only review treatment according to my new rules.)


2 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

You're a Thucydides guy, no? This is the CBC Ideas podcast on Thucydides.

Joel Swagman said...

Ah, thank you for that. I will give it a listen.
I probably shouldn't claim to be a Thucydides guy given that I've never actually read him. But do consider myself Thucydides-curious.