Monday, October 11, 2021

New episode of Revolutions Podcast out: 10.71- The Democratic Conference

As always, very interesting.  
A couple weeks ago I expressed hope that Mike Duncan wouldn't forget to tell us about how Trotsky came over to the Bolsheviks, and this episode contains that information.  (All the personality conflicts in this story are interesting, and also kind of funny, especially when told by Mike Duncan, who talks about what "a dick" Lenin could be to.)

On another note, in my review of Mike Duncan's other podcast, The History of Rome, I said that the reason I decided to listen to The History of Rome first before diving into Revolutions is that I noticed that Revolutions frequently made call-backs back to The History of Rome.  This week's episode is another example, where Kerensky's complete lack of support is compared to Didius Julianus (W)--which, by the way, is one of many stories from Roman history that I had no idea about before and learned about from The History of Rome podcast.

No comments: