Monday, September 06, 2021

Tiếng Anh 6 Friends Plus | Starter Unit | Lesson 1: Vocabulary | Free Time | Word List 2

(TESOL Materials--ListeningTieng Anh 6 Friends Plus)

Youtube Video HERE
Worksheet: docspub
[This is a collaboration with Reflective English made on request]



Video: https://youtu.be/Z7lFhN9xFG8

English 6 Friends Plus | Starter Unit | Lesson 1: Vocabulary | Free Time

*Vocabulary for Exercise 2, page 6:


hi /haɪ/ = hello /həˈləʊ/ (excl): xin chào

E.g. Hi! I’m Kate. = Hello! I’m Kate.

eleven /ɪˈlevn/ (number): 11

E.g. I’m eleven years old.

twelve /twelv/ (number): 12

E.g. I’m twelve years old.

and /ənd; ən; n; ænd/ (conj): và

E.g. I’m Kate, and I’m eleven years old.

am/is/are from… /frəm; frʌm; frɑːm/ (prep): đến từ…

E.g. I’m from Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.

Oxford /ˈɑːksfərd/ (n): thành phố Oxford

E.g. Oxford is a city in the UK.

the United Kingdom /ði juˌnaɪtɪd ˈkɪŋdəm/ = the UK /ði ˌjuː keɪ/ (n): Vương quốc Anh

E.g. I’m from Oxford in the UK.

am/is/are into… /ˈɪntə; ˈɪntu/ (idm): thích cái gì đó

E.g. I’m into sport.

am/is/are good at … /ɡʊd/ (adj): giỏi cái gì đó

E.g. I’m good at basketball.

basketball /ˈbæskɪtbɔːl/ (n): môn bóng rổ

E.g. She likes playing basketball.

apart from… /əˈpɑːrt frəm/ (prep): bên cạnh…, ngoài… ra

E.g. Apart from sport, I like music and chatting online.

like / likes /laɪk(s)/ (v): thích cái gì đó

E.g. He doesn’t like playing video games.

am/is/are interested in … (adj): thích thú làm gì đó

E.g. I’m not interested in shopping.

this is… /ðɪs/ (pron): đây là…

E.g. This is my brother Jack.

brother /ˈbrʌðər/ (n): anh/em trai

E.g. My brother Jack isn’t into sport.

sister /ˈsɪstər/ (n): chị/em gái

E.g. Hi! I’m Jack. Kate is my sister.

favourite / favorite /ˈfeɪvərɪt/ (adj): ưa thích

E.g. My favourite sport is basketball.

→ favourite (pl. favourites) /ˈfeɪvərɪt(s)/ (n): sở thích

E.g. He’s into video games, and his favourites are football games.

football = American football /əˌmerɪkən ˈfʊtbɔːl/ (n): bóng bầu dục Mỹ

E.g. I’m interested in American football.

computer /kəmˈpjuːtər/ (n): máy vi tính

→ on a computer /ɑːn ə kəmˈpjuːtər/ (exp): dùng máy tính

E.g. Jack likes playing on his computer.

twenty-four hours a day /ˌtwenti ˌfɔːr ˈaʊərz ə deɪ/ (exp): 24 tiếng mỗi ngày

E.g. Jack isn’t on his computer twenty-four hours a day.

friend (pl. friends) /frend(z)/ (n): bạn bè

E.g. They are very good friends.

but /bət, bʌt/ (conj): nhưng

E.g. He and his friends like skateboarding, but they aren’t very good.

very /ˈveri/ (adv): rất, cực kì

E.g. He is not very good at cooking.

parents /ˈperənts/ (n): cha mẹ

E.g. Jen and Ed are our parents.

book (pl. books) /bʊk(s)/ (n): quyển sách

E.g. Our parents, Jen and Ed, like books and they’re into reading.

mother /ˈmʌðər/ = mum /mʌm/ = mom /mɑːm/ (n): mẹ

E.g. My mum is interested in photography.

photo (pl. photos) /ˈfəʊtəʊ(z)/ = photograph (pl. photographs) /ˈfəʊtəɡræf(s)/ (n): bức ảnh

E.g. My photos of animals are good!

really /ˈriːəli/ (adv): thật sự

E.g. Her photos are really good.

father /ˈfɑːðər/ = dad /dæd/ (n): cha

E.g. Our mum and dad are good at cooking.

food fuːd/ (n): thức ăn, đồ ăn

→ Italian food /ɪˈtæliən fuːd/ (n): đồ ăn Ý

E.g. Italian food is their favourite.

→ Turkish food /ɪˈtæliən fuːd/ (n): đồ ăn Thổ Nhĩ Kì

E.g. Turkish food is really good. It’s my favourite food.

family /ˈfæməli/ (n): gia đình

E.g. And you and your family?

a hobby (pl. hobbies) /ˈhɑːbi(z)/ (n): thú vui

E.g. Photography is my favourite hobby.

an interest (pl. interests) /ˈɪntrəst(s); ˈɪntrest(s)/ (n): sở thích

E.g. What are your hobbies and interests?

No comments: