Sunday, March 28, 2021

Weekly Reading Vlog #1: Don Quixote p.226-276



(Weekly Reading Vlog)
Mentioned in the video: 
Don Quixote p.226-276 (50 pages)

All books and podcasts:
Books (74 pages this week)
The Hand of Oberon p.512-536 (24 pages) 
Don Quixote (2nd Reading) p.226-276 (50 pages)

Podcasts:
The History of Rome (2nd Listening) From 160- East vs. West through 167- Exploiting the Opportunity
Revolutions--10.48- The Death of Reform https://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/revolutions_podcast/2021/03/1048-the-death-of-reform.html

The rest of my reading, listening and watching this week: docs, pub

Despite the title of this video, I actually spend most of the video not talking about my weekly reading, but instead talking about why I'm starting up this series, and what I hope to accomplish with it.

If you can't be bothered to sit through all that, here's the short version:
1) I'm going to start doing weekly reading vlog videos
2) Instead of talking about whole books, I'm just going to talk about the pages that I read this week.  I'm going to be summarizing the story of the pages that I've read, so there will be spoilers.
3) I'm going to be doing this in addition to (and not instead of) my book review video.  The content may overlap.  So if you watch both the weekly reading vlog, and the book review video, expect some repetition.  (Maybe just pick one or the other.)
4). The camera cuts out after 30 minutes, and that's just as well.  (Sorry as always about cutting out in mid-sentence though.)
5). I'm going to put all my reading, listening and watching for that week on a Google Document.  I'll talk about everything I can before the camera cuts out.  Any content I get to, I'll put in the description of the video.  Any content I don't get to will just be in the Google Document.  If I don't get a chance to talk about something, the standard disclaimer is that just because I've read it or listened to it does not mean I endorse it or agree with it.
6). I'm going to keep track of my weekly pages read for my own benefit.

Addendum: April 26, 2021--I've decided to nix point number 5.  I will not be talking about or keeping track of everything I read or listen to.  Only the books and podcasts.

Weekly Reading Vlog #5: Chomsky's Universal Grammar p.90-116, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood,etc


No comments: