Friday, January 17, 2020

Using Songs to Illustrate Grammar Points

(TESOL Worksheets--Any Grammar Point)

2nd Conditionals
If I Were a Boy by Beyonce 
If 6 Was 9 by Jimi Hendrix 
3rd Conditional
If It Hadn't Been for Love by Adele
Double Comparatives
Gerunds
Wishing and Hoping by Dusty Springfield
Infinitives
Modal Verbs:
* I Should be Proud by Martha and the Vandellas
Negative Verbs
You Don't Own Me by Leslie Gore
Noun Clauses
* Do You Know Where You're Going To by Diana Ross
Present Perfect
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2   
Present Tense Verbs
Present Tense Verbs using "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke
Reported Speech
The Letter by The Box Tops
*Then He Kissed Me by The Crystals
Used to
It’s All Over Now by The Rolling Stones
Used to and Would
Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves by Cher: "used to" and "would" for repeated actions in the past
Verb Complements
* Using Waist Deep In The Big Muddy by Pete Seeger for Verb Complements
Will for Future Predictions
Que Sera Sera by Doris Day 
Wish
Sometimes I Wish I Were a Boy by Leslie Gore 
Would + base form (for repeated past actions)
Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield

Note: A version of this index appeared in my TESOL Songsheets index, but I wanted to also post it on its own so it is easier to find and use.

No comments: