Sunday, July 03, 2022

Another new episode of Revolutions Podcast out: 10.102- Dizzy With Success. So dizzy. So much success.

As Mike Duncan himself says... 

57 minutes and 55 seconds of fascinating historical narrative. I'm sorry that this podcast is coming to a close, but these last few episodes are really ending on a high note.
I'm very glad I'm listening to this podcast because it's helping me clear up my own misconceptions about Stalin.  As I wrote in my review of Young Stalin by Simon Sebag Montefiore, I had always been puzzled by the mystery of why Stalin would betray the revolution after he had sacrificed so much for the Bolsheviks.  But as Mike Duncan explains in this episode, Stalin's drive to push collectivization was actually Stalin returning to his old Bolshevik roots, not betraying them.

More Mike Duncan Tweets from this week:    





No comments: