Friday, September 03, 2021

Today in Hey! I know that Guy!

Found this video linked from Facebook.  The woman here is a girlfriend of one of my friends and co-workers from Cambodia.  I've met her only a couple of times.  (They started dating after I had already left Cambodia), but I have met her.   It looks like she's got her own Youtube channel.
(It also looks based on this video like Phnom Penh is not under anywhere near the same strict lockdowns we are having here in Vietnam).

Anyway, some good scenery in this video from Phnom Penh, a city I once lived in for 4 years.



Actually my friend (her boyfriend) is visible briefly in this video: UNBOXING VERSUS WATCH BY DONATELLA VERSACE||HOW DID WE CELEBRATE OUR 5TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY?||


(Looks like a really nice place they're celebrating at, huh?  I don't think I've been to this particular place, but one of the nice things about Phnom Penh is that because of the very low-cost of living, a lot of really posh-looking restaurants are actually pretty affordable.  At least that was the case when I was living there 6 years ago.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thom said...

Dear Mr. Joel Swagman,

I'm Thom, a lower secondary school teacher in Ho Chi Minh City. Accidentally I found out your blog and later YouTube channel.

As you might know, sixth graders in this new school year are going to use different types of textbooks. My school starts using "Tiếng Anh 6 Friends Plus".

I wonder if you might help me and my fellow Vietnamese teachers and students read vocabulary lists in the form of audio recordings, or even better videos because we will see how you pronounce words. I think this will help grow your YouTube channel, and more people will know yours. As schools here have to teach and study online, so I think this will be of a great help for us.

Please let me know what you think. My gmail is thom.phungthanh@...

Thom

My Wordlist is like this:

"*Vocabulary for Exercise 1, page 6:
1. picture (pl. pictures) /ˈpɪktʃər(z)/ (n): bức tranh
E.g. Look at the pictures.
2. free time /friː taɪm/ (n): thời gian rảnh
E.g. What do you like doing in your free time? ~ In my free time I like watching TV and reading books.
3. chatting online /ˈtʃætɪŋ ˌɑːnˈlaɪn/ = chatting on the internet /ˈtʃætɪŋ ɑːn ðiː ˈɪntərnet/ (exp): tán gẫu trên mạng, nói chuyện trên mạng
E.g. I like chatting online. = I like chatting on the internet.
4. reading /ˈriːdɪŋ/ (n) = reading books /ˈriːdɪŋ bʊks/ (exp): đọc sách
E.g. My parents love reading. Reading books is their hobby.
5. meeting friends /ˈmiːtɪŋ frendz/ (exp): gặp gỡ bạn bè
E.g. He loves meeting his friends.
6. art /ɑːrt/ (n): mỹ thuật
E.g. She is very good at art.
7. photography /fəˈtɑːɡrəfi/ (n): nhiếp ảnh
E.g. My father is interested in photography.
8. cycling /ˈsaɪklɪŋ/ (n): (môn) đua xe đạp
E.g. I really like cycling with my friends.
9. sport /spɔːrt/ (n): thể thao
E.g. My sister Ellen isn’t good at sport.
..."