Saturday, September 18, 2021

Abandoned: Aesop's Fables


I never actually was reading Aesop's Fables as a book.  I was using the public domain versions on the Internet, and attempting to go through the collection in order by using the numbering of the Perry Index.
So it feels a little strange to say I'm "Abandoning" this book, since I was never seriously reading this book.  But I made a started post for it in September, 2018, and it has been on my "Currently Reading" list (on the left sidebar) ever since then.
In my previous post on The Brothers Grimm, I wrote about how I had started The Brothers Grimm as an ESL Listening Storytime project, and then lost my enthusiasm for it for a variety of reasons.  The same is true for Aesop's Fables.  In the case of The Brothers Grimm, however, I still wanted to finish reading the book even after I stopped making the videos.  But in the case of Aesop's Fables, there was no book to finish.  I was just going off of copies on the Internet.  So now that I'm removing The Brothers Grimm from my list of "Currently Reading" books, I should probably take down Aesop's Fables at the same time.

The videos I did finish are all indexed HERE.  (and HERE).

The numbers are from the Perry Index.  My intent was to start at the beginning and go through them in order, but I jumped the order for story 210 and story 721 because I used those stories for one of my lessons on the Delta.  


No comments: