Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Hell on Wheels: Part of the first season Review (Television Addiction)



This is part of my "Television Addiction Series" which I explained about HERE.  The Television Addiction series is part of my so-called "Scripted Review Series", which I explained about HERE.  For the original 2013 post on which this is based, see: Television Addiction Part 2: Oh the TV Shows I’ve Seen!


Hell on Wheels/Deadwood
          I bought Hell on Wheels after a co-worker recommended it to me, but couldn’t make it through the first season.  (I have much the same criticisms of the series that the AVclub reviewer has, so rather than give my review I’ll just link to his LINK HERE.)
            The AVclub kept comparing Deadwood as a much better Western period piece, so I went back and bought Deadwood instead. 
            As with The Wire, I know I’m a few years late to the party on this one, but I found Deadwood to be a really remarkable show.  A nice blend of real history with some great fictional treatments, and a cast of really fascinating characters.

No comments: