Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Peace at Last by Jill Murphy

(Graded Reader)

Another book I did with my classroom of young children.  The book is not necessarily for TESOL.  (I think it's just designed for young children, native speaking or not.)  But the language is suitably graded that it works great in the TESOL classroom.  And the illustrations are great.

Available on Amazon.com here.

I also found this Youtube video very useful when teaching this story to a classroom.

Here are some supplementary teaching materials I made when teaching this book in my classes.  These materials don't really work too well independently of the actual book, so you'll need to get a copy of the book to use these.

PowerPoint (driveslidespub)
Worksheet (drivedocspub)



Link of the Day
Noam Chomsky on Capitalism

No comments: