Friday, January 05, 2007

My Holidays

Despite my usual gripes about Christmas, it was really nice to see so many people during the holiday season. I saw a number of friends from Calvin whom I haven't seen since I left for Japan 5 1/2 years ago, such as Ryan, Jori, Chris and Athania, Jared, and I met his lovely wife Maria for the first time. (Mr. Guam also comments on this briefly, as well as Chris Bakker, whom I stole the picture from).














It was also really good to see my brother's family, and my niece. (Again, I'm stealing pictures).


















Useless Wikipedia Fact
Because "Savoy Truffle" is such an obscure song, some believe that George Harrison might have written it to spite John Lennon and Paul McCartney. The theory is that because George was always limited in the number of songs he could write for each album, he got frustrated and came up with a ridiculous song about a box of chocolates

Link of the Day
Ah, that wonderful Youtube. I can't sing its praises enough. As a Beatles' fan, I've always wanted to see the movie "Let it Be" but could never find it in the video store. Some kind soul put the whole thing on youtube. You can start with the first part here.

This next one has to be seen to believe the absolute campiness of it. Leonard Nimoy singing "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sad that I missed this gathering. Unfortunately I was in GR for a grand total of 1.5 days, and the 1 day was Christmas day, and the .5 was for the Bratt family reunion party. Perhaps a summer gathering?