Sunday, April 11, 2004

Prayers needed
First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who's been e-mailing me lately, and sorry I haven't been replying. But I appreciate the mail, and once I get my act together around here, I will start e-mailing again. (That's a weasel way to get out of replying, I know, but I do appreciate the mail you've sent nonetheless).
One a more serious note: In my previous post I talked about a friend I made up in Sapporo this summer. Recently I've been getting e-mails from another friend I made on the same trip. This time it's a Japanese friend.
It turns out this friend in Sapporo is good friends with Nahoko Takato, one of the Japanese hostages in Iraq. (I assume most of you have been following this on the news). Although Christians are relatively rare in Japan, my friend from Sapporo is a Christian, and Nahoko Takato is a Christian as well. Therefore my friend is requesting prayers for the safety of the Nahoko Takato and the other hostages.

No comments: