Links to stuff mentioned:
Picture of the Fisher Price Classic Delux Comic Book & Tape: https://thisoldtoy.com/fisher-price/dept-1-Audio-Vis-Mus/a-books/1-pics/fpt19567.jpg
This is part of my so-called "Scripted Review" series, in which I make a Youtube video based on an old blogpost. For more information on what this is and why I'm doing it, see HERE:
In this case, the old blog post is here: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2014/03/treasure-island-by-robert-louis.html
Here is the excerpt I read from Chapter 25: “I had scarce gained a position on the bowspirit, when the flying jib flapped and filled upon the other tack, with a report like a gun. The schooner trembled to her keel under the reverse; but the next moment, the other sails still drawing, the jib flapped back again, and hung idle. This had nearly tossed me off into the sea; and now I lost no time, crawled back along the bowspirit, and tumbled head foremost on the deck. I was on the lee side of the forecastle, and the mainsail, which was still drawing, concealed from me a certain portion of the after-deck. Not a soul was to be seen. The planks, which had not been swabbed since the mutiny, bore the print of many feet; and an empty bottle, broken by the neck, tumbled to and fro like a live thing in the scuppers. Suddenly the Hispaniola came right into the wind. The jibs behind me cracked aloud; the rubber slammed to; the whole ship gave a sickening heave and shudder, and at the same moment the main-boom swung inboard, the sheet groaning in the blocks, and showed me the lee after deck.”
Related Playlists:
* Scripted Reviews Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOY-0V_l_9x5BKcEIufNKlS58JHU_glyL&si=Pje0KQqIqOgWGGUI
* Scripted Book Reviews Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOY-0V_l_9x53WSp_2mGcDRHBR7ubQkDa&si=T_0QPBDOZqhqN-oa
* Robert Louis Stevenson Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOY-0V_l_9x7d7MeA-BiFEdsZj4KO1vwB&si=htRRVZcSNhJbFUqz
No comments:
Post a Comment