Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Parts of Shadow Catcher Trail, Soda Creek Trail, and some of the nearby roads: Keystone, Colorado

(Travelogues--Travels in the USA)



This is part of my project to document my family's travels in the USA.  For more information on this project, see here: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2026/07/travels-in-usa-index.html

Related Playlists:


3 comments:

Futami-chan said...

Awesome place, if only the video doesn't get blurry. 😿

Joel Swagman said...

It really was spectacular. I'm glad you good enjoy it. As for the blurry video--what can I say? I do what I can with my limited skills and my modest equipment.
The horizon on this particular day was overcast because of forest fires in the Western part of the state. That also doesn't help with the clarity of the picture.
On another note--my Vietnamese wife was amazed with how many housing developments there were all over the Colorado Mountains. She compared it to Dalat in Vietnam, which also has a reputation for becoming overdeveloped. My wife said, "After seeing all the houses on the mountains over here, I realize Vietnamese people have nothing to complain about in Dalat!" (By which she meant the overdevelopment of the mountains in Colorado was way worse than what is happening in Dalat.)

Futami-chan said...

IDK I have been to Đà Lạt once like 13-15 years ago and remember zero sight of the place for reasons. It's not like Vietnamese people ever have anything they should complain about given the love to shrug actual issues under the rug. Overdevelopment is just fancy coffee table talk.😿