Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Using Cartoons to Teach Cause and Effect


Worksheet: docs, pub

In class, I play a short cartoon with lots of slapstick, and then students use the worksheet to make notes on various causes and effects (e.g. cause: he got hit with the anvil, effect: he fell off the cliff, etc).  
I've used this in my class to supplement Unit 5 Vocabulary Skill: Cause and Effect Collocations p.140-142 from textbook Q: Skills for Success: Reading and Writing 4.  As I wrote in that post, I originally used this with segments from Disney's Peter Pan.  But it could be used with any cartoon, and in fact maybe a shorter self-contained cartoon (e.g. Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny), would actually be better.

Cause

Effect

1. 




2.




3.




4. 




5.




6.




7. 




8.




9.




10. 





No comments: