Sunday, February 16, 2020

Stealing from Phil again:
There is a famous remark to the effect that generals are always fighting the last war. I don't know enough about generals to say if this is actually true of them, but I was reminded yet again this week, as some Dems geared up to support a racist billionaire plutocrat for President, that it sure is true of American center-leftists. They are so ruled by 1972's model of what's electable that they are willing to even consider running Mike Bloomberg against Donald Trump in 2020. They are fighting a war they lost a generation ago, using a strategy--"voters want us to be Republicans, but with a twist!"--that lost, depending on how you count 'em, in 1980,* 1984, 1988, 2000, 2004, and, most consequentially, 2016.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.
Read Phil's whole post HERE.

2 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

I'm glad you posted this, 'cos I did not get the notice that he had a newsletter.

Joel Swagamn said...

Yeah, it was a bit hidden. I think the only place I saw it linked to was from his Twitter. I can't get the automatic notification to show up on my subscriptions list either. (A feature of Tiny Letter?) So it requires me remembering to go and check it every week.
But... it's worth the hassle. Our boy can definitely write, huh? I always get a lot of food for thought by checking it out.