Wednesday, September 13, 2017

IELTS Needs Analysis

(TESOL Worksheets--IELTS)
Google: drive, docs, pub
Communicative version (interview your partner): docs, pub

[This is for use on the first day of class.  I've designed it mainly to reflect the issues that have been coming up in my classes.]

Name:
How old are you?
When are you taking the IELTS test?
Why are you taking the IELTS test?  (e.g study abroad, graduate university, visa, get a job, etc)
What is the minimum score you need to achieve this?
Why are you taking studying IELTS?  Please circle yes or no:
Y   /   N
Y   /   N
Y   /   N
Y   /   N
I need a good IELTS score to achieve my goals
I want to improve my English ability
My parents are making me study IELTS
It’s fashionable to study IELTS these days.


What do you want to study in class?


What kind of activities do you like to do in class?

What is your opinion on games?  Do you like some games in class, or do you prefer more serious study activities?

Anything else you want to tell me?

**************************************

What is your partner’s name?
How old is your partner?
When is your partner taking the IELTS test?
Why is your partner taking the IELTS test?  (e.g study abroad, graduate university, visa, get a job, etc)
What is the minimum score your partner needs to achieve this?
Why is your taking studying IELTS?  Please circle yes or no:
Y   / N
Y   / N
Y   / N
Y   / N
They need a good IELTS score to achieve their goals
They want to improve their English ability
Their parents are making them study IELTS
It’s fashionable to study IELTS these days.

What does your partner want to study in class?



What kind of activities does your partner like to do in class?


What is your partner’s opinion on games?  Do they like some games in class, or do they prefer more serious study activities?

Anything else your partner wants to tell me about this class?

No comments: