Friday, June 12, 2015

Computer Games for practicing English ordinals: Snail Race, Alien Competition, Alien Flower Show, Alien Lining Up.

[In an effort to keep track of useful materials--so I can find it again when I need it--I'm collecting links to stuff that I've had good luck with using in class. I'm indexing it, along with my own materials, over here and here.
The above link is to materials that I've used for a lesson on ordinals with very young children. It was used in a classroom that had a projector and an interactive whiteboard.  The educational value of all of these games is a bit questionable. Especially for classes where basic numeracy isn't a problem, the numbers can be arranged in order without benefit of the knowing the English language.  But it did help maybe to reinforce the English ordinals, and the children enjoyed the chance to use the Interactive Whiteboard for a game in the middle of class.
]

No comments: