Marian H Villain or Victim? - Ishiguro's Overlooked Masterpiece
Jorge's Corner Cao Xueqin's The Story of the Stone, or Dream of the Red Chamber (c.1760) | Book Review and Analysis
Dream of the Red Chamber Why Dream of the Red Chamber is Subversive
tokyochemist I finished The Story of the Stone! 紅樓夢
Marian H What Heathcliff Really Means to Cathy
Abby Reads The BookTube Newbie Tag REDUX!
Bucky749 Booktube tag : book it to me
CriminOlly Why trashy romances matter more than any Booker prize winner
Bucky749 Samurai volg: reading vlog July 25:2006:comic talk
Books I'm Not Reading Library Tour of Fiction Part Eleven - Slovo to Trevor
jim's books reading & stuff I Never Expected This to Become my Biggest Video
1 comment:
>CriminOlly
I read 10 times more classics than my family ever does. None of that ever stops them from calling me stupid whenever I criticize a book.
If I knew better, I wouldn't have spent so much time of my life trying to impress people or defend things that I had better keep to myself. Besides, I read porn anyway so telling other people what I read has become an impossibility I cannot afford to differ.
tl;dr: if u can tell people what ur romance book is about or like, then it's not smutty enough and deserves to be called trash
===
I skipped the latter half of the video. I do find the premise agreeable. Checking out the book lists was something I had done more than several times in the past (National Book Award, Modern Library, etc). Finding out something I can manage to glean relevant values let alone stomach is something I don't remember having had. And (according to the booktuber) those lists were supposed to entice people to read... Well, porn has no "top 100" list but that sure never detered anybody from watching them, no? [1]👺 I guess at least the lists still serve as a good indicator to help me steer away from things that I would always find too insufferable to read.
[1] Actually my Japanese p-games do have some ranking lists... but the rule is still applicable!
===
>most liked comment: Protestant work ethic mindset to assume that reading isn't valuable unless it's "productive" in some way.
Maybe it's just people being a-holes *look at my family*. Although I'm lucky enough nobody particularly makes an issue out of me not reading books "the right way", whatever it means.
Post a Comment