Monday, April 04, 2022

Another Steve Donoghue video.  This one is some series I've never heard of.  (Although it does sound interesting.)  But what caught my ear was what Steve says from 11:28:

I completely forgot that I had to search my memories of the first time I read this book and you know when I did I realized, no, even the first time I read it, even though it was annoying me, I did not ever want to stop reading, never.  That's a gift.  That's not nothing. That's not nothing at all. In fact that's not even true of Tolkien. Need I remind you of the endless Sam and Frodo scenes?

 

Ah, glad to hear it's not just me.  I as well found a lot of those Sam and Frodo scenes hard going.
Hopefully I'll come in with my Return of the King review soon.
See also my question to Steve Donoghue on Tolkien.  

No comments: