Tuesday, May 18, 2021

The Slap (2011): TV Miniseries Review (Television Addiction)



This is part of my "Television Addiction Series" which I explained about HERE.  The Television Addiction series is part of my so-called "Scripted Review Series", which I explained about HERE.  For the original 2013 post on which this is based, see: Television Addiction Part 2: Oh the TV Shows I’ve Seen!


The Slap (Mini-Series)
          This is an Australian TV show.  I’m curious, is this known at all back in the States?
            It’s an adaptation of a book.  And I probably should have read the book instead (if I were the more literary person I wish I was.)  But I couldn’t be bothered to read the book.  I saw a couple episodes of this show on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (one of the few English channels I get on my cable package).  I found it pretty interesting, so I just ended up buying it when it hit the DVD stores.
            An interesting story that really pulls you in.  Plus it takes place in Melbourne and, having spent a year in Melbourne, it made me slightly nostalgic for the city.

No comments: