Monday, February 12, 2018

If I Were the King of the World... (2nd Conditional)

(TESOL Worksheets-- 2nd Conditional)
Google: docs, pub
This was a worksheet/group project that I made to practice the 2nd conditional.  (In my class, this worksheet was the basis for groups to make a short presentation on what they would do if they were king of the world.)
I used two lead-ins with this worksheet.  The first was the "Jeremiah was a bullfrog..." song (a.ka. "Joy to the World".  The original Three Dog Night version is not appropriate for the classroom, so I used one of the children's versions on the web. 
One such version is HERE.  I played the song, and asked the students to identify the 2nd Conditional sentence: ("If I were the king of the world, tell you what I'd do...")
The second lead-in was a poem entitled: If I Were The King Of The World Poem by Arden Davidson  (Link HERE).  I read this to the students, and asked them to write down all the things that the narrator would do if he were king of the world.
Then, I handed out the worksheet, and had the students make their own sentences in groups.

2nd Conditionals
If Clause
Result Clause
If
Subject
V2 (past simple)
subject
would/ could
V1 (Infinitive)
If
I
were the king of the world



If
I
were the king of the world



If
I
were the king of the world



If
I
were the king of the world



If
I
were the king of the world



If
I
were the king of the world



If
I
were the king of the world




No comments: