Monday, September 05, 2016

So Phyllis Schlafly is dead (see here).

I didn't even realize Phyllis Schlafly was still alive.

I'm too young to remember the debate over the E.R.A., but I remember a section praising Phyllis Schlafly in history textbooks at the conservative Christian school where I did my student teaching.  (These were the books published by Bob Jones University--I've complained about these books before).

If memory serves, they gave a whole page to Phyllis Schlafly praising her work in defeating the E.R.A.
I assumed she was already dead, because here she was in the history books already (and this was all the way back in 2000).  But apparently she remained alive and politically active right until her death, even if everyone else stopped paying attention to her a long time ago.

No comments: