Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Started: Aeschylus' Oresteia (Tony Harrison Adaptation), the National Theatre, Directed by Peter Hall, 1983
(As I mentioned in the previous video, I discovered through Internet searches that there was a 1983 production of The Oresteia using the same translation that I just read--the Tony Harrison translation.  See IMDB page HERE.  And it's all available on Youtube.  I watched a little bit of it just out of curiosity, and quickly realized that seeing the play dramatized did help me to understand it much better.  So, I'm going to take a short break from reading Classical Tragedy - Greek and Roman: Eight Plays in Authoritative Modern Translations in order to watch the dramatization on Youtube.  Then I'll come back and review the dramatization.)



Progress so far:

No comments: