Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Joshua (The Jerusalem Bible): Book Discussion

Started: January 24, 2024
Finished: March 06, 2024

(This is a reread.  I originally read this book in 7th grade.  But since this is my first time reviewing this book on this blog, according to my new rules, I'm doing this as a video only review.) 



[This is another video review that isn't really all that good.  There are several points in this video I either didn't make very well, or forgot to make.  Like I said in this post, a drop in quality was likely going to be the inevitable result of my new system.  Maybe some day I'll come back to this book and take another stab at it.  But on the other hand, it's no great loss to the literary world if I don't.  There are so many commentaries on the Bible out there already, that I wouldn't have said anything new anyway.]

I explain about my background with the Bible and my reasons for doing this read-through in this blog post here: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-book-of-genesis-from-jerusalem-bible.html

Here are links to some of the stuff mentioned in this video:
* The History in the Bible Podcast. Book of Joshua: The Conquest of Canaan: https://www.historyinthebible.com/supplementary_pages/joshua-conquest-of-canaan.html

January 28, 2024 Joshua 1-7
February 04, 2024 Joshua 7-9
March 03, 2024 Joshua 9-19

Playlist HERE

No comments: