Thursday, May 18, 2023


The citation got cut off at the end there because of Twitter's word count limitations. The full reference is Akbari, R. 2008. Postmethod discourse and practice. TESOL Quarterly, 42/4, p. 647.
This is one of Scott Thornbury's favorite quotes, and I picked it up from him.  
In fact, I had misremembered it as being a Scott Thorbury original.
I even attributed a version of this quote to Thornbury in a old post here:
...there's a quote from Scott Thornbury. I can't find it now, but I believe it goes something like: "Textbooks are the new methodology." (Hopefully I'm not misquoting him.)
But I googled it just now and realized that it was Thornbury quoting someone else.  Among other places Thornbury has used this quote, see HERE.

I wanted to bookmark this quote so that I could find it again easily, and perhaps link to it in the future.  And so I figured the easiest way to do that would be to send it out as a Tweet.

No comments: