Friday, November 26, 2021

More thoughts on the Kyle Rittenhouse case.
Hopefully this will be the last thing I write on this.
As I wrote last week, I was disturbed (and continue to be disturbed) by the thirst for vengeance on the left.  These kind of negative emotions are not healthy.  
I think Kyle  Rittenhouse did a very bad thing.  I'm hopeful that he can find redemption and move on with his life.  I do not wish him ill.

I am even more disturbed, however, by the effort on the right to turn Kyle Rittenhouse into a hero.  And unfortunately I'm not just talking about crazy pundits here, but multiple sitting congressmen and congresswomen.  This is another reminder of how badly American politics is broken.  It's certainly not the first case (we've known American political discourse has been broken for 5 years now), but it is yet another reminder.
What to do about it?  I don't know.  Things have gotten so hateful, it's difficult to see a way out of it at this point.  Except that we can stop participating in the hate.  Try not to hate Kyle Rittenhouse.  Try to find forgiveness in your heart.  
And we should pity those who traffic in hate, rather than to hate them back.

Also I think these videos are worth watching about the case:






No comments: