Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Well, another episode of Revolutions Podcast is out now: 10.73- Zeno's Revolution (Wherein we just keep moving toward the October Revolution by progressing halfway to halfway to halfway to halfway...)
And it's another great episode.  Well worth the wait.  
In a tweet last week, Mike Duncan explained the name "Zeno's Revolution" 

 The joke being, I think, a reference to the fact that a lot of the listeners of this podcast have been commenting about how many episodes it has taken us to get to October 1917.  So after setting up the October coup last episode, rather then get to the coup in this episode, Mike Duncan still does one more episode of set-up.   

But, after listening to this episode, it's easy to see that Mike Duncan made the right call.  This is all vital information.  We need this set-up for the story to make sense--we can't just go straight into the coup, we need to talk about how the coup happened.  I mean, if you're going to tell this story, you might as well tell it properly.
Plus, it's all really interesting.

Mike Duncan is relying heavily from Ten Days That Shook the World on this episode--as he makes clear right from the beginning.  I haven't read this book yet, but it's definitely something I'm interested in tracking down someday.  I was actually looking for it when I went to the bookstores last week, but can't seem to find it here in Vietnam.  (I don't know, I might resort to getting it printed out from Project Gutenberg or something.  But I really want to read this book someday.)

No comments: