Thursday, August 12, 2021

Okay, finally got caught up on the latest Rick and Morty Episode
I particularly liked the line:
going from “so fucking dumb I’m kind of embarrassed to be watching this” to “well i hope you took some detailed notes three years ago” is a mean trick, show

....I also felt like I was getting a bit lost in the show's continuity.  I mean, I appreciate that the show is rewarding careful attention from its fans.  But I also do forget things from season to season.  And since the show varies in its intelligence from episode to episode these days, its unclear whether paying careful attention to all the minor details is going to be a good use of my attention. 

But on the whole, I liked this episode.

P.S.--the comments section to this episode also contains some interesting speculation about continuity and possible Easter eggs.

No comments: