Thursday, December 03, 2020

Close-Up B2: Unit 9 Writing p.118-119: Writing a Formal Letter

(Supplementary Materials for Specific Textbooks--Close-Up B2)

Google Drive Folder HERE
Half a Crossword: drive--created using Half a Crossword
Sample Letter (Running Dictation): docs, pub

Dear Sir/Madam,


I am interested in (1)________________ for the position of activity co-ordinator which was (2)________________ in the local newspaper.


I am 17 years old and I have been learning English for seven years.  (3)________________ my writing and speaking skills are very good. I can play many sports, but tennis is my (4)________________ and I have won a few tournaments.


I also have (5)________________ experience working with children. Last year, I worked as a summer camp counsellor for two months. My job (6)________________ planning activities for children aged 5-10, teaching them a (7)________________ of sports and taking (8)________________ of them.


I have an outgoing (9)________________ and I get on very well with other people, especially children.  In addition, I am king, patient, and (10)________________ for my age. For these (11)________________, I believe I would be (12)________________ for the (13)________________.  


I look forward to (14)________________ a reply at your earliest (15)________________.


Yours (16)________________,

Eva Rodriguez

Dear Sir/Madam,


I am interested in (1)applying for the position of activity co-ordinator which was (2)advertised in the local newspaper.


I am 17 years old and I have been learning English for seven years.  (3)Both my writing and speaking skills are very good. I can play many sports, but tennis is my (4)favourite and I have won a few tournaments.


I also have (5)relevant experience working with children. Last year, I worked as a summer camp counsellor for two months. My job (6)involved planning activities for children aged 5-10, teaching them a (7)variety of sports and taking (8)care of them.


I have an outgoing (9)personality and I get on very well with other people, especially children.  In addition, I am king, patient, and (10)mature for my age. For these (11)reasons, I believe I would be (12)suitable for the (13)position.  


I look forward to (14)receiving a reply at your earliest (15)convenience.


Yours (16)faithfully,

Eva Rodriguez

advertised

applying

both

care

chicken

convenience

faithfully

favourite

involved

mature

personality

position

reasons

receiving

relevant

suitable

variety

No comments: