Tuesday, October 15, 2019

My daily commute:
https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society/20190603/bridge-widening-project-causes-serious-traffic-jams-in-ho-chi-minh-city/50202.html

From tuoitrenews.vn
The Kenh Te Bridge connecting District 4 and District 7 in Ho Chi Minh City may span less than 800 meters, but it is dubbed the southern metropolis’ longest bridge, given the amount of time commuters have to spend crossing the structure.
This has been my daily commute since September.
Previously I had lived right in the city center, which was a nice easy commute to work.  But now that we've had the baby, I wanted to move out of the city center in an effort to get the baby away from all the traffic in the middle of the city.
Numerous people warned me that the commute from District 7 would be rough, but my mind was made up.  "I don't care.  I'll put up with the traffic jams.  The most important thing is that the baby is healthy."

...and I still stand by that decision.  But the morning commute still depresses me every day, and makes me re-evaluate my life choices.

No comments: