Monday, October 02, 2017

Rick and Morty Season 3

(Television Addiction)

Actually this post isn't so much about season 3 specifically as it is about Rick and Morty in general.  (I've never blogged about Rick and Morty before).

But, I just want to say for the record:  Wow, I love this show!  And I thought that the end of the season was as good as place as any to do it.

I came to this show rather late.  I had a couple of co-workers in Cambodia who were really into this show, and they convinced me to watch a couple of episodes.

And over the past year (through the magic of the Internet) I was able to catch up on the past 2 seasons.
And I've got to say: this is one of the most consistently imaginative shows out there.  And incredibly unpredictable--in a really good way.  When each episode starts, you have no idea where it's going to finish out.

Season 3 made it's way onto Youtube pretty regularly, so I was able to keep up with the show the past couple months.  And, wow, some really imaginative stuff.  That Pickle Rick episode was great.  That Vindicators Episode was wonderful.  Rest and Ricklaxation was really clever.  Tales from the Citadel blew me away. 

I can't think of another show on TV that's ever been this imaginative or taken so many risks.  It certainly gets a thumbs up from me.

2 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

My younger daughter introduced us to the show this summer. I completely agree with all points made, and I am a fan, just not one on high boil. I'm not sure I can articulate why I'm not generating greater heat for it, but my response was similar when Futurama first rolled out (which I also loved). I suspect this is as close to innocent laughs as we can get, which kinda brings me down. But hey -- it's called being adult.

Joel Swagman said...

I'm somewhere in the middle I guess. I'm capable of completely forgetting about the show for long stretches at a time. But when I do watch it, I get completely caught up in the story of each episode. And come away impressed with it.