Monday, September 15, 2014

What have I done this year?

(TESOL Worksheets--Present Perfect)
Google: drive, docs, pub
[Present perfect for experiences.  I get a fair amount of mileage out of this by first asking the students to predict what I have done this year, and after getting them to predict several mundane things, read through this handout with them.]

What have I done this year?
            Well, it has been a very busy year for me.  To begin with, I have travelled to just about every country in the world.  I have been to Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, and many more.
            Also, I have finally learned how to drive this year.  I got my driver's license in February.
            I have hunted some of the most dangerous animals in the world.  I have fought tigers in India, I have wrestled lions in Africa, and I have boxed kangaroos in Australia.
            I have written 12 bestselling books.  I wrote one book every month. 
            I have starred in 5 famous Hollywood movies.
            I have danced with some of the most beautiful women in the world.  They all said I was a very good dancer.
            I have eaten some of the most exotic food the world has to offer, from alligator steaks to tiger tail soup.
            I have talked to the leaders of many countries.  They all asked my advice.
            I have explored the deepest parts of the ocean. 
            I have solved some of the world's most famous mysteries.
            And I have enjoyed relaxing on the beach every night.

Present Perfect For Experiences
Subject
Have
V3
I
have
travelled
I
have
been
I
have
learned
I
have
hunted
I
have
fought
I
have
wrestled
I
have
boxed
I
have
written
I
have
starred
I
have
danced
I
have
eaten
I
have
talked
I
have
explored
I
have
solved
I
have
enjoyed



What have you done this year?  Write about your year below:



No comments: