Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Error Correction Codes

(TESOL Worksheets--Writing)
Google: drive, docs, pub
[This is a sheet for error correction coding for responding to students' writings.  Very little in here is my own idea  It was based off of an error correction sheet that used to be used at my school for the EAP classes in the old curriculum.  When we changed to the new curriculum, I wanted to use the old error coding sheet, but, no longer having access to it, I just made up my own based primarily on the old system.  (The old system itself was, I suspect, not entirely original itself and probably borrowed from other TESOL materials).
Anyway, my error coding is below.  It's mainly follows the system previously used at my school, but I added in a number of things myself for cases where I thought our school's system had been lacking a code for something, or had been imprecise.]

Error Correction Codes
Code
Meaning
Example
Correction
A
Wrong Article
A [A]moon goes around a [A] earth.
The moon goes around the earth.
^A
Missing Article
[^A] Man looked funny.
The man looked funny.
Pr
Wrong Preposition
I'm interested of [Pr] science.
I'm interested in science.
^Pr
Missing Preposition
The rabbit jumped [^Pr] the hole.
The rabbit jumped into the hole.
WW
Wrong Word (Or Several Wrong Words)
The man ate breakfast [WW] in the evening.
The man ate dinner in the evening.
^
Missing Word
This is the man [^] hit me.
This is the man who hit me.
^^
Two or More Missing Words or Missing Phrase
I got hit [^^] car.
I got hit by a car.
WS
Wrong Part of Speech
I'm very interested in financial [WS].
I'm very interested in finances.
N
Number/ Singular or Plural problem.
I like cat [N].
I like cats.
VT
Verb Tense Problem
He kick [VT] me yesterday.
He kicked me yesterday.
VF
Verb Form Problem
I've gotten used to eat [VF] here every day.
I've gotten used to eating here every day.
AP
Active Passive Verb Problem
A lot of problems experience [AP] here every day.
A lot of problems are experienced here every day.
SV
Subject Verb Agreement Problem
He like [SV] dogs.
He likes dogs.
P
Punctuation Problem or Spacing Problem
Do you like dogs. [P]
Do you like dogs?
C
Capitalization Problem
I'm from america. [C]
I'm from America.
Po
Possessive Form Problem
The students [Po] homework was finished at last.
The students' homework was finished at last.
SF
Sentence Fragment
The best thing about fast food [SF]
The best thing about fast food is the price.
F
Form--Countable, uncountable, or other grammatical errors
I have a lot of homeworks [F].
I have a lot of homework.
WO
Word Order
He away walked [WO].
He walked away.
Sp
Spelling Problem
I like to eat peeza [Sp].
I like to eat pizza.
??
I Don't Understand What You Mean


//
New Paragraph




No comments: