Friday, June 01, 2012

more links:

I know I'm about a month late on this, but I've been meaning for a while to write a post about how the US government has been continually praising Chen Gaungcheng for exposing his government, but continually demonizing Bradley Manning for doing the same thing.

But it turns out other people are way ahead of me on this, so I'll just link to their work instead.

Washington Needs to Learn the Lesson it Pretends to Teach

I don't want to tell the Chinese government how to do their job, but if I were them I'd be highlighting the Bradley Manning/ Chen Gaungcheng connection as a face saving way out of this embarrassing international news story. (Or have they already been doing this, and I missed it?)

[Disclaimer: Not, of course, that I support the Chinese government, or their persecution of Chen Gaungcheng.]

Onto another topic entirely...

I'm about a week late in linking to this, but hopefully the more international attention this story gets, the more pressure will be put on the Cambodian government to redress the situation. So spread this link around:

Boeung Kak women jailed after three-hour trial

No comments: