Wednesday, June 16, 2004

From the Mailbag
A friend sent me this e-mail today which I thought was deserving of a larger audience.

I thought this article was interesting.http://www.zmag.org/ZMagSite/Jun2004/tucker0604.html It talks about how Bush has "refused" to attend funerals or send condolences to any American soldier killed in Iraq. It also shows how the government is making cuts to Veteran's Allowances and making it difficult for some soldiers to receive compensation/treatment for their wounds. Sounds like the government is grateful for their sacrifices.


The article goes on to describe President Bush's tacit support for racist institutions of the south and thus his support for the Confederate soldiers. Although I do think the comparison/contrast is a bit of a stretch (Is Bush really for Confederate soldiers and against those fighting in Iraq?), the facts in themselves are interesting.


Having read the article, I agree with his analysis. It is a bit of a stretch to say Bush is against those fighting in Iraq, but the facts do speak volumes. I encourage everyone to read the above link for themselves.

No comments: