Friday, August 12, 2005

More Damn Links

I'm reluctant to link to something I disagree with so strongly, except that the author of this post is a friend of mine and he's obviously done a bit of work on this, so I thought the least I could do is send some traffic his way.

Alan Waddilove was a frequent debating partner of mine at Calvin College, and the fact that we disagreed about so much always made the conversation interesting. But I've given up on the debate. I've concluded that there is just no common ground we can argue from, so all the discussions are doomed to just end in confusion. So I'm going to give a pass on this one. But if any of you want to challenge Alan on any of these points, I'm sure he's always looking for a friendly debate.

Chris has posted even more pictures of Ajimu. I guess I'm probably the only one who cares about it. But if any of you want to see where I used to live, check it out.

And finally, some interesting articles in the Japan Times. My tongue is always hanging down to my knees in the summer because of the skimpy clothing a lot of the Japanese girls wear. This article attempts to explain the phenomenon.

And moving from the frivilous to the serious, here is an article on the continuing problem with racism in Japan against ethnic Koreans, 60 years after the war.

No comments: