Saturday, August 27, 2005

Another One of Those Stupid Blogging Games

Right, I've been tagged by Bork to do this little survey. I'm flattered that he thought of me, but I've always thought these things were a bit stupid. I suppose it speaks to me obsession with blogging that I can't resist responding to it anyway.

1.Number of books you've owned: Owned? As in past tense? As in ever in my life? what the hell kind of question is that? Really, who designed this survey?

2. Last Book I bought: Selections a bit limited in Japan, so I'm not sure this is representative of my normal tastes, but I saw "Until the Final Hour : Hitler's Last Secretary" in the bookstore, and I bought it on impulse.

3. Last Book I Completed: Got into the habit of skimming books in University, and very rarely read a book cover to cover anymore. Last book I actually read straight through was "Women of the Paris Commune".

4. Books that mean a lot to me: I think I've more or less nailed this in an earlier post here.

4 B. Books currently reading.

Emma Goldman's Autobiography (Still...It's a long book and I'm a slow reader. I will finish it someday)
Chomsky on Anarchism by Noam Chomsky
93 by Victor Hugo

5. I'll Pass this on to...
Brett Nelson
Sarah Nelson
Aaron Flemming (about time you wrote a new post anyway)
Just Jess (um...although someone should probably tell her. I don't think she reads this blog.)

Link of the Day
Recently Bork, Matt Lind, Dan Luke and Guamo have all made posts about what an idiot Pat Robertson is. (Hope I didn't miss anyone). Of Particular interest is Bork's post, which asks the question, how does one deal with an idiot like Robertson?

"The Daily Show" has the answer. Satire. Dead on and absolutely brilliant as always. Click here, and watch the first half of "Iraq Strategy" video, and then all of "Pat Sounds."

No comments: