Wednesday, September 04, 2024

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller: Book Review


On My Shelves: July 16, 2023
Started: August 28, 2024

(This is my first time reading this book, so according to my new rules, I'm doing this as a video only review.) 



This new camera I'm using has a 30 minute time limit before the recording stops.  Unfortunately I did the thing I normally do, where I gave a long winded introduction, and then had to rush at the end to make the points about the book that I wanted to make.  And the camera cut me off before I said everything about the book that I wanted to say.  But, I said at least half of the things that I wanted to say about this book, so I'm going to call it good.  

Links to stuff mentioned:
My video review of The Iliad: https://youtu.be/BwJBerNrwIY

Written reviews in which I admit that I struggle with Mary Renault's prose style: https://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2015/03/fire-from-heaven-by-mary-renault.html


Past videos in which I mentioned how I had lobbied for this book in our book club: 

No comments: